Radiance Project NZ – he aha

I’m a seeker, a bit of a wanderer …  I study people, I try to understand them at their core and the experiences that have shaped them into who they are.

For the past 15 years of my journey I have been laser and skin specialist, make up artist, teacher, dumping ground, friend and confidant working all the hours sent my way and I’m stoked that I’ve met and worked with some real characters in my travels around the Middle East, South East Asia, the Islands of The South Pacific, India, Australia and my home, New Zealand.

The main reason I have been successful is my open nature, my willingness to share my own personal stories with clients and strangers enabling them in return to empathise and share their world with me. It’s been a ride and the people I have met along the way all inspire me to a better understanding of what true beauty, health and happiness is.

The one thing that astounds me the most, is knowing that every single person you or I will ever meet, longs to feel beautiful, appreciated, vital and positive about themselves and their life and yet sadly, the majority of us are all exhausted, cranky and  self medicating ourselves with either food, alcohol, drugs, unhealthy relationships and prescription medications.

We all seem to be fatigued mentally, physically and spiritually.

I think we’re all guilty of giving our energy to the wrong people and sadly the majority of our energy is focused into our careers. I can’t tell you how many ill, emotionally bankrupt and physically exhausted people I know. It’s great to work hard and have goals, its brilliant to earn more money. That’s all good if there is work-life-balance but in my experience the work-life-balance is becoming more and more one-sided. Work. Job. Career.

Health. Happiness. Movement. Rest, slumps behind, given a lowly fourth and fifth place of importance in our lives.

So for the past year I have been actively seeking remedies and positive lifestyle choices. I’ve sought out fit, happy, balanced individuals and families who have made job / careers fit in and work around their needs and I’m liking what I see. It’s still tough and there aren’t enough hours in the day for all concerned but it’s seems a healthier balance nonetheless.I was forced through illness into seeking change and was made to put into practice everything I had known but not practised for years about
Wellness and Health. I have lived the changes I talk about and it turns out I am tremendously grateful that I was offered a new,healthier and more authentic way of life.

Me

Advertisements

28 Comments Add yours

1. It is awesome that you are trying to take better care of yourself. You are right, we as people spend too much time working and not enough time really living. I am in the midst of changing my career into something that I love, that way I’ll at least enjoy my time spent working. Happiness and memories are worth more then money. I wish you the best!

1. palomino72 says:

Thanks Yoga Fire, I appreciate your support ! I wish you all the best in your exciting work-lifestyle transformation … new beginnings. are awesome 🙂

2. fairdom says:

Honesty and openness have definitely been key reasons to my life success as well! Thanks for sharing, and improving the world in your own way 😉

1. palomino72 says:

Thank you, I appreciate your comment 🙂

3. passionwriting says:

good to come across ur blog..:)

4. Mark says:

Hey thanks for the visit and like on my blog, you have a great blog here.

5. Great site. It’s odd that so many of us can study wellness for years, but fail to implement it in our personal lives until we are forced to. I have a similar story, but am glad to have changed course midstream. Cheers, Chris

1. palomino72 says:

Hi Chris, I’m amazed and thankful there are so many of us in the same boat. I really think companies and employers need to look at themselves and re-assess what they expect from us all 🙂 Thanks for your comment !

6. Brook says:

You are a radiant soul. I can *feel* it. You are doing a wonderful thing, helping people be healthy and feel beautiful.

1. palomino72 says:

Blessings Brooke, that’s extremely sweet of you to say, Thank you !

7. Brook says:

You’re welcome:) Blessings to you also!

8. niquitax says:

you’ve got such a great mentality to life and i’m sure it helps a lot of people come closer to thinking about the important things, keep it up!x

1. palomino72 says:

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate it 🙂

9. what great information you’ve assembled; we’re on similar paths and it will be a treat to learn from you.

10. seeker says:

You are one big inspiration to me and such I mentioned your name in my post http://theseeker57.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/breaking-the-rules/. Thank you for keeping us healthy body, mind and spirit. Perpetua.

11. thexenophilediaries says:

I love it! I am beginning this journey.

1. palomino says:

Great to hear, all the best with it !

12. I adore everything about your site and so look forward following along!

1. palomino says:

Hi Andrea, thanks so much 🙂 Have a great week !

13. Love your comments: “I study people, I try to understand them at their core and the experiences that have shaped them into who they are.” This has been my way of being and sometimes it gets me in “trouble!”

1. sandra says:

Hey Paula, I understand what youre saying completely, thanks for the comment x

14. Brook says:

Sandra…so glad you’re still writing and I really like the sparkling pages:) What you say and your place is always so beautiful, vibrant and loving (like you). *Thank you*.

1. sandra says:

My favourite lady, my pleasure as always. Your presence is always welcome x

15. David Yates says:

If you don’t treat your body a little now, you will spend a lot of time repairing it later …. David Yates

1. sandra says:

well said David, I’m finding myself in this predicament at the moment. Wise words and thanks for your input.

16. Dan says:

An authentic post, thanks Sandra – hope you’re well and the year has got off to a great start!

Dan Edwardes CEO Parkour Generations Winner – Canary Wharf Business Innovation Award 2016

1. sandra says:

You’re always so kind ! I’m not doing too badly thank you, I’ve been meaning to msg you – some of the things you mentioned last year really gelled with me and helped a lot. So thank you, Teacher Dan.