yoga for t.m.j and neck pain

lionposeSit on your shins in lion pose. Open the jaw and extend the tongue toward your chin as you exhale (I know but bare with me). Then, move both the tongue and eyes  in unison as you move them up, down and to the sides.

camelposeAs you come into camel pose, be mindful of the open chest, neck, base of skull, and jaw, notice if you are holding any tension in these areas. Open the mouth and extend the tongue. Repeat the sequence then move into Lions Pose or to Down Dog.

downwarddog

In downward-facing dog pose, rest your forehead on a bolster. Breathe feeling the tension releasing from the chest, neck, base of skull, and jaw.

sunyoga

Advertisements

7 Comments Add yours

1. Sophie33 says:

I also enjoy my yoga classes, once a week, during 1 hour. I do gentle flo< yoga because I am a chronic pain patient & it gives me all week energy & I am feeling much better since!

1. palomino72 says:

That’s fantastic Sophie ! Its amazing how doing the right things just an hour a week makes all the difference. I am glad it has helped you manage your chronic pain 🙂

2. Sophie33 says:

I meant gentle flow yoga!

3. listerlegs says:

I think I’ll give this one a try. I suffer badly from neck and shoulder pain, and this looks helpful for both. Thanks!

1. palomino72 says:

These should help your neck and shoulder pain immensely … all the best 🙂

4. the ‘perfect’ posture for an all around body toner ‘on the run’. suggestion, do it 12 times

1. sandra says:

You’re a gem, cheers Eddie !