I think most everyone is aware of the intense rivalry between New Zealanders and Australians. The slagging, witty put downs and cheeky banter runs thick through our veins.
So it is with a heavy heart that I say so publicly, that I am a big fan of Australian Organic Skincare and Mineral Make-up. In my opinion they are at the forefront in setting standards of quality and integrity in this growing market. I know whenever I’m travel if there is an organic food or beauty product that is Australian Made I feel confident and safe in my choice. Both the Australian and New Zealand regulatory processeses are very different to FDA regulations in that we don’t just pay for them, they have to be earned 😉
Several months ago I was given samples of the new Mii Maa Cosmetic Range by co-founder and CIDESCO Beauty Therapist and Make up Artist Jaime Barry. In partnership with Industrial Designer Josh Pell they have combined their knowledge to create products that are easy to use and completely natural. The press pack was impressive and I was grabbed with the fact that every Mii Maa product is entirely natural and has earned vegan accreditation through its cruelty, gluten free and halal friendly mineral range.
Modern women lead time pressured lives, but still want to look great and savour a little luxury without making extra mess they will have to clean up afterwards. Mii Maa products offer easy tidy application so wearers can achieve beautiful, sophisticated looks in minutes. Best of all, our mineral range reduces cosmetic carbon footprints so Miimaa customers can have fun taking care of their own beauty regimes while taking care of their environment.
I’ll let you in on a secret, I love make up, I love the colours, the look, the branding, the models, the marketing but I am not a fan of actually wearing it on my skin … all day long. It makes me feel claustrophobic, I feel it clogs my pores even if it is certified non-comedogenic and I just don’t like having to worry about whether its smearing down my face or not at 2 o’clock in the afternoon. I know, crazy insane for a woman in the beauty industry but believe it or not, its a very common feeling amongst women!
To ensure maximum results with the Mii Maa Mineral range be sure to exfoliate once a week for smooth and vibrant skin. I applied my own primer and BB cream then the Medium shade of Mineral Powder Foundation, I like the fact I can control how much of the mineral powder I apply and notice after the first two weeks I started to feel more comfortable in increasing the amount I applied. The Medium shade suited my skin tone impeccably. Aside from the fact these products are vegan and cruelty free, they’re also fun and functional. The puff applicators are practical, cute and the range is small enough to carry around in your handbag without breaking your shoulder. The fact that Mii Maa is the baby of a professional beauty therapist eases my mind on the standard and quality of ingredients within the brand. In my opinion it takes someone who fully understands the skin and the myriad of problems damaging and inferior ingredients can cause, to create a great mineral range of cosmetics. (True story, I had a client once who use to go through one bottle per week of E.L Double Wear long lasting foundation in order to cover her congestion and blemishes, healing never did eventuate as she continuously chose to keep plying congestive and irritating ingredients on her skin.)
“Mii Maa products are scientifically designed to nourish your skin without compromising enduring wear and gorgeous aesthetics. Sometimes consumers sacrifice skin health for a flawless finish. Through Mii Maa, we aim to ensure wearers enjoy the best of both worlds. You won’t find harmful fillers, chemicals or toxins in our products — only pure minerals and pigments for long wearing radiance.” Jamie Barry.
The initial Mii Maa range is small but this is just the starting point I’m sure, to begin its natural mineral line, Mii Maa has released a comprehensive range of:
• Mineral Foundation – Offered in 3 different shades Light, Medium and Dark with SPF 15. Easy to apply and small enough to carry in your handbag for re-application part way through the day. I found the mineral powder to provide good coverage, the biggest compliment I can give this product is that my skin never felt cakey or clogged when wearing it ! Thank heaven for small mercies!
• Mineral Blush – Beautiful, feminine colour pigments, natural but easy to build on colour for stronger coverage. My favourite product in the range is the Spring Fling Blush ~ apply it to the apples of your cheek for a feminine and cheeky glow. It’s just a gorgeous shade.
• Mineral Bronzer – Light in powder consistency which again made it easy to add and build on colour and intensity. Offered in 2 colour ranges of Light / Medium and Medium / Dark. Lovely colour pigments. Not Orange-toned or Cakey.
• Mineral Eye shadow – Cream to powder consistency provided in 4 separate palettes with 5 colour shades within each ~ Smokey Eye, Naturals, Pinky and Borne Green. Ingredients include Carnauba and Candelilla Wax, Zinc and Iron Oxides.
• Mineral Lipsticks – Shades are offered in 3 separate palettes with 5 colour shades within each ~ Rose, Pink Coral and Earth. Ingredients include Jojoba and Castor Seed Oil, Tocopherol and Carnauba Wax.
• Mineral Illuminising Powder – The Diamond colour is beautiful when applied just on top of the cheek bone or anywhere else you want to enhance to illuminate the skin, open the face and create a healthy glow. Creates a lovely shimmer.
• Innovative packaging puffs – “No mess with the puff”. The Puff is very easy to use, just tap the puff jar a few
times on the back of your hand to ensure the minerals are flowingthrough and apply. I recommend you remove the puff from the head of the product weekly and wash in mild soapy water and air dry to keep things hygienic.
We pride ourselves on our certification and accreditations: Certified Cruelty Free, Certified Vegan, Halal friendly, Gluten Free, Free from nano particles and most importantly Australian Made and Owned” Josh Pell
A full list of ingredients used is available on the website.
The Mii Maa range is now available online at: http://www.miimaa.com/ and through selected stockists.