Melasma sometimes called chloasma appears as a “symmetrical blotchy, brownish pigmentation on the face. The pigmentation is due to overproduction of melanin by the pigment cells, melanocytes. It can lead to considerable embarrassment and distress” – Dermatology Network New Zealand. It is commonly seen in pregnant women, with brown patches becoming apparent on the top lip, across the cheekbones and forehead due to the increase in hormones and is also known as the ‘mask of pregnancy’.
What Does Dermamelan Treat?
- Excessive sun damage,
- Uneven blotchy skin tones,
- Hyperpigmentation post acne spots,
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation caused by medications such as birth control pills and antibiotics.
How Does The Treatment Work?
Basically the blend of ingredients work to inhibit an enzyme called Tyrosinase which is responsible for melanin production. It’s difficult to explain the complex chemical process without sounding like a long-winded science professor. Your dermatologist will explain the process to you on consultation showing a series of graphs and photographs to help explain the process to you.
What are the advantages of using Dermamelan?
It is highly effective in all types of Melasma especially deep seated severe Melasma.
- Light peeling effect
- Rapid and easy de-pigmenting action
- Compatible with all skin types
- Rejuvenates the skin
- Treatment can be used all year round
- Does not contain Hydroquinone or TCA
What Results Can I expect during and after the treatment?
- All cases are different but generally Day One and Two the skin feels warm like mild sunburn.
- Day Three to Five the skin reddens and starts to flake.
- Day Five to Ten the skin starts to heal and look refreshed and brighter.
- The developers, Mesoestetic have conducted research and found in 99% of the cases, the disappearance of the hyperpigmentation improves by 95%
The Dermamelan pack provides an effective combination of professional treatment and home maintenance cream. Each pack contains:
- Oil removing solution ~ in Clinic treatment done by Dermatologist or Aesthetician ~ Cleans and exfoliates the skin prior to mask application.
- Dermamelan mask ~ in Clinic Treatment applied by Dermatologist or Aesthetician ~ application time will vary from 6-10 hours depending on your skin tone and severity of pigmentation.
- Maintenance cream ~ Home Treatment, advice on when to use and for how long varies between patients.
- Active Ingredients: Azeliac Acid, Kojic Acid, Bisabolol, Retinol, Tirosinol Complex
This treatment is effective but not for the faint hearted or irresponsible. With commitment and a trusting relationship with your Dermatologist the results can be phenomenal and life changing for many. The consultation, treatment and follow up must be done by a Dermatologist or D.O.H Licensed Aesthetician. Dermamelan treatment guarantees the improvement of skin texture and tone with a very high safety margin.
This is the only treatment and product I recommend to clients with Melasma and any form of hyperpigmentation spots. Due to client confidentiality though I have used Mesoestetic’s photographs instead of the ones from my files.