So many of us are fatigued or ‘running on empty’ giving little thought to the toll this takes on our bodies and in particular our digestive system. Digesting food and its nutrients requires energy from the body to break it down. For those who are exhausted or suffering from ill-health the need to conserve or re-direct energy elsewhere is paramount: so I found that having a smoothie for breakfast every morning is a gentle way for the body to start the day.
The Body Ecology Diet was created by Donna Gates and is now embraced by many doctors worldwide; it offers a “revolutionary system of healing in response to the major deficiencies in medicine and the commonplace approach to treating symptoms while ignoring root causes”.
Vitality SuperGreens helps to nourish the delicate inner ecosystem (also known as the gastrointestinal tract); the alkalising formula soothes and helps to rebuild the lining of your intestines and rebuild and strengthen immunity.
The ingredient list is certainly impressive, jam packed with an excellent source of protein, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, lignans, essential fatty acids, nucleic acids, and beneficial microflora.
Vitality SuperGreen is a proprietary blend of:
- Algae: Yaeyama Chlorella; Red Marine Algae; Dulse powder (Palmaria Palmata)
- Cereal Grass: Barley Grass Juice; Alfalfa Juice
- Intestinal Support Blend: Glutimmune (peptide-bonded Glutamine); Chicory Root Inulin (fiber); Flax Seed Fiber; Fermented Soy Lecithin (GMO free); Aloe Vera Extract (200:1)
- Fermented Vegetable Blend: Organic Spinach, Organic Parsley, Organic Kale
- Fermented Algae Blend: Spirulina, BioAstin Astaxanthin, Chlorella, Dunaliella Salina, Kelp, Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Alfalfa Grass, Barley Flakes, Malt Extract
- Probiotics: Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Delbreukii (caseii, bulgaricus, causasicus, fermenti, plantarum, brevis, helveticus, leichmanni, lactis.) Bifidabacterium Bifidum, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
- Super Supplement Blend: Rice X (stabilized anti-oxidant from rice bran); Acerola extract; Rhodiola Rosea; Bilberry Extract; Biovin Grapeseed Extract; Beta 1,3 glucan (dual standard)
- Vanilla and Stevia
Breakfast Smoothie Blend:
- 2 scoops Vitality SuperGreens powder
- 1.5c Chilled Rice or Almond Milk
- 1tsp Chia Seeds
- 1tsp Organic Flaxseed
- 1/2c Frozen berry mix
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder