how do you meditate …

I was just out gardening weeding, feeling very clear headed and peaceful, when it struck me that we all practice meditation in various ways.

So I just wanted to ask you all – What is it you do day-to-day that brings you peace and calm, that restores you without really being that aware of it.

Gardening, Playing with the dog, Catching up with friends?

I’d love to know, purely because I’m nosey and would appreciate some extra tips. Thanks !

Advertisements

13 Comments Add yours

1. Making a good cuppa. I love that its a process, and if I really need the calmness, I go for something that needs extra attention, like a green, white or oolong so I make sure I take the time to make it well and appreciate the brew.

1. palomino says:

aaah the good ole cuppa, I’ve just got home now and raced to put the jug on. Its mandatory ! Thanks Jenna 🙂

2. imsobeautiful says:

gardening , crochet , putting on makeup and reading

1. palomino says:

putting make up on, that’s so interesting. I find that really stressful 😉 although my best friend loves it just like you do. I imagine crochet and knitting are great forms too, Ive been meaning to try and knit myself a beanie this winter and start practicing.

1. imsobeautiful says:

Crochet and knitting are a relaxing therapy.

3. A Table in the Sun says:

Like you, gardening is my go-to zen space………………but I am also in tune with the universe while cooking (especially when creating my own recipes), sitting on the back patio with a glass of wine and watching dozens of birds flit around our trees………………..and on ANY hiking trail (beach, forest, desert). Getting unplugged from computers and cell phones is one of the keys.

1. palomino says:

i’m amazed that people find cooking relaxing, you make it sound really lovely. we’re all so different I love it. I agree with you on getting unplugged, its so crucial isn’t it. Thanks so much for sharing 🙂

4. Moving! dancing, yoga, running –usually whatever the exercise of the day is brings me calmness.

1. palomino says:

that’s so cool, you’re an ‘active’ relaxer. I’ve heard of people like you 😉

1. Yes! An active relaxer–I can completely relate to that!!

5. mjh333 says:

Have to say mainly Reiki and meditation. But also working in my allotment, walking, I also I love a bit of Yoga, it kinda energises me but I feel relaxed at the same time amazing! I’m just relaxed some say too relaxed by hey I don’t mind!

1. sandra says:

you’re too relaxed … i envy you 🙂 I haven’t done Reiki in so long, I remember when I did my initial L1 training I went into scoffing but it changed my life ! Thanks for the comment and for visiting 🙂

6. Vicki (from Victoria A Photography) says:

Lots of ways.
    1. Trying to be Mindful in every task I undertake, whether it be washing the dishes, trimming the potted herbs on my balcony garden or just Being in the Moment and being aware of every breath I take.
    (mindfulness living takes a little practice when you have chronic pain like I do, but some deep breathing practice concentrating on relaxing your muscles and tension – breathing in to the count of 4 and out to the count of 7 really does help.
    2.. appreciating the sound of silence.
    2. watching the wind lazily blow the rose heads about through my inner city balcony window.
    3. a slow mindful walk observing nature and looking for little details to photograph & share online.
    3. Reading inspiring stories and Buddhist philosophy.

Just generally slowing down and concentrating on the simple pleasures in life.

Write a ‘To Do’ list every now & then – then cross half of it off.